So you wanna be a morning person? I know that the most iconic love story is between you and your bed. And the idea of a the best morning is to see the time and rolling back over and going to sleep for a few more hours. Just imagine if you had that extra time to get shit done, to not feel like you wasted your day because you slept in. I gotchu!
- Prepare the night before. This is such a useful tip, if you need to straighten your hair in the morning, do it the night before. Organise what you want to wear or even a rough idea of what you will be feeling like wearing the next day. This tip obviously depends heavily on the plans you’ve got the following day, but just pre plan everything out so you don’t have to stress about it in the morning.
- Get up at the same time every morning. try to set yourself a body alarm, by waking up at a reasonably similar time every morning it’ll make this process a whole lot easier as time goes on, as your body won’t be in as much shock when waking up.
- Speaking of Alarms, find an alarm system that works for you. My best tip is don’t use a song as an alarm to wake you up as you’ll grow to hate that song a lot! So find something that when you wake up doesn’t make you angry as that will set your whole mood for the morning (if not the whole day). I use the alarms provided on the iPhone but I know people like certain ones that get louder as it goes on and that works best for them.
- Have a warm beverage. I always look forward to a coffee in the morning, however not everyone likes coffee. So a hot chocolate or tea will also go down a treat. On days I’m feeling extra crap in the morning I set myself a mission to get up quickly and treat myself to a cafe coffee and that always makes my mood go for 0-100!
- Find a morning routine that works for you. Make a routine that covers all of your bases so you don’t forget things like socks for the gym or your lunch for work, it’ll help to lessen that stressed feeling because you’re too tired and don’t know your left to rights at these early hours. I find this is super helpful as usually once I start going in the morning I don’t have time to come back and get things I’ve forgotten.
I promise you will feel a sense of a accomplishment when you start waking up earlier, and honestly what can you loose from giving this a go? So try it out and let me know how it goes!!